It will come as no surprise to many of you I love tea. Being a writer and a mummy it comes hand in hand with the territory.
Don’t get me wrong a coffee is always nice – as a Crohn’s disease sufferer though I have to be careful as it can make me ill – and I don’t mind an energy drink but they really aren’t great for you are they?
So tea is my caffeinated beverage of choice. And I use it for many things.
Here is my list to show how great it really is:
1. A great pick-me-up for many an early morning and many a late night.
2. Putting in the compost bin for my allotment.
3. Keeping me inspired, hydrated and productive during a writing session.
4. Playing pretend tea party with my two-year-old (yes, even in make-believe world tea is great).
5. Used tea bags sometimes end up in my washing up sink (I make university-style tea where I leave the bag and spoon in the cup while plonking milk on top) and I swear it makes my plates clean as a whistle.
6. It gives me a great big hug when I need it the most and no one else is around.
This isn’t a life changing list but because tea is the thing that keeps me ticking along throughout most days I had to share it with you. So for that tea, I thank you.
What do you think of tea? And do you have any good tips with tea?