(UPDATE for people who have nominated me: I have been nominated for this by a few people now. Please keep scrolling down to find my response to your particular nomination and answers to your questions.)
I’ve been attempting to make headway with my blog for the last month or so now. It’s been great and really rewarding writing about the things I love, mainly writing, reading and mummyhood. What I didn’t expect to happen was to reach out to people.
I’ve made some really amazing blogger friends from all over the world since getting stuck into Newshound to Novelist but the best thing has been hearing from others that I have inspired them.
This brings me on nicely to my next point.
I have been nominated for the Liebster Awards by one of my new followers, Deeksha, at Jot The Thought! Deek praised me for coming up with “great posts” while combining my interests. Thanks for the nomination Deek!
Here’s how it works:
- Once you are nominated, Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you. Include the ‘Liebster Award’ sticker in the post too.
- Nominate five to 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they are nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can nominate the person who nominated you as well.
- Ensure all the bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 11 questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make 11 questions of your own for nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly copy these Rules in your post.
(Answers to Deek’s questions)
1. Which is your favourite book?
A massive guilty pleasure of mine is Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews. I love all the novels she wrote before she died – all seven of them. They are so haunting, quirky and odd. That book inspired me, at the age of thirteen, to be brave with my writing.
I also love To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I read and finished this book for the first time this year. Considering I will be 30 in a week, this is shocking. But I have fallen in love with this novel and even Go Set A Watchman couldn’t ruin my love affair with it.
2. Describe yourself in three words.
Ambitious, optimistic and unforgiving.
3. Cat person or a dog person?
4. Who is your role model?
Illuminée Nganemariya – a survivor of the Rwandan Genocide. You can find out more about her here.
Also acid attack survivor, Katie Piper. Find out more about her charity here.
Too many writers to mention but I can say my mum too right?
5. What is your ultimate goal in life?
To be a good mum, wife and a published author.
6. What are your hobbies?
Reading, writing, blogging (yeah, that’s the boring ones out of the way). I also love gardening (especially on the allotment), cooking and learning about food.
7. Which is your dream travel destination?
Athens to visit the ancient ruins. Also Peru – I would love to hike with the hubby to Machu Picchu. I must add though, my favourite place in the world is Paris and you can find out why here.
8. If you could meet one person from the past, who would it be and why?
I would love to meet Virginia Andrews to ask her about Flowers in the Attic. She writes at the beginning “based on a true story”. I’d like to find out more about that!
9. Favourite movie?
I’m not really a film person but I do love most things by Leonardo DiCaprio. I would probably have to say Sucker Punch if pushed. So beautiful and so weird.
10. Favourite quote/ proverb?
“The public run away from explosions, journalists run towards them.”
“A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.”
― Virginia Woolf, A Room of One’s Own
11. Favourite song/band?
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.
Here are my nominations (please feel free to ignore if you’ve already been nominated). I have decided just to pick just three because I’d like to know more about these bloggers:
- Author Melissa R Brown. She has just started her blog tour of her debut novel Becoming Death (you can read my review here).
- Tara over at After The Rain. Tara write engaging blogs posts which attract many comments from other bloggers too.
- Blogging friend The Mom Who Runs. I met her through a Flash Fiction competition and I think she does a great job juggling family life while writing a blog.
Here are my 11 questions.
- What prompted you to start a blog?
- What is your best blogging tip?
- What is your biggest achievement to date?
- Who is your favourite author and/or book?
- What is your best writer tip?
- What is the worst thing you have ever read?
- What was your best holiday?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Name a guilty pleasure of yours.
- What is your favourite word?
- What do you think the most usual invention ever made has been?
I hope you enjoy answering these questions as much a I did coming up with them. And thanks again to Deek for the nomination.
*I was also nominated (later) by Old Herbaceous. Thank you so much for your nomination. Although I already answered Deek’s questions, I will answer yours below too.
1. Why did you start a blog?
Hopefully no one minds if I link up to two previous posts. To find out why I started a blog please read Follow the Literary Brick Road and Death, Alopecia and Bullying – The Reason I Started Writing.
2. What is the best book you’ve read this year?
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
3. What is your favorite pastime other than writing?
4. What is your favorite smell?
Petrol – bad I know! I also love vanilla.
5. What is your favorite season?
6. What is your most memorable moment and where did it happen?
My sons being born. In the operating theatre. Both were born by c-section (one emergency, one planned).
7. Which country would you most like to visit?
8. If you could meet any author, past or present, whom would you choose?
9. Do you believe in fairies?
10. If you could be any character in a novel or film, who would that be?
Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird.
11. If a genie gave you three wishes, what would you wish?
(1) A book deal (2) To ability to never need sleep (3) For my family to always be happy
*I was also nominated (later) by Life As A Pot Pourri. Thank you so much for your nomination. Here are my answers to your questions below:
- Describe yourself in five words?
Ambitious, thoughtful, sleepy, positive, plump
- What would be your dream job?
I’m living the dream (getting paid to write)
- Three things without which you wont step out?
Mobile phone, money/debit card and nappies (I usually have my sons with me)
- One good and one bad thing about blogging?
Good is the wealth of knowledge, bad is it can be very time consuming
- Who all in your family?
Me, my husband, my two boys
- Three things in your bucket list?
Publish novel, travel to Peru, be debt-free
- What are you most scared about?
- Your country and another country you want to visit?
I live in England and I want to travel to Greece (Athens)
- Your favorite quote?
People run away from explosions, journalists run towards them
- How do you spend you weekend mostly?
With my family
- How to cope up from a break up (if you had one)?
Keep busy, very very busy
*I was also nominated (later) by Curiously Abroad. Thank you so much for your nomination. Here are my answers to your questions below:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Gaining a wealth of knowledge from others
- Why did you start blogging?
Because I hoped it would aid my creativity as a writer
- When do you like to blog?
Usually in the evening once my boys are alseep
- Morning or evening person?
Evening but motherhood had forced me into being a morning person
- Favorite thing about where you live?
It’s in the countryside so is very peaceful, beautiful and inspiring
- Who inspires you most?
- What do you look forward to most each day?
The first smile from my boys when they wake up and the moment they fall asleep at night (mummy’s quiet time)
- What is your favorite season?
- What is the best thing you have done all your life?
- What do you want to achieve in your life?
Becoming a full-time published writer
- Do you travel a lot?
Thanks for all the nominations! I feel truly humbled.