That’s exactly what I should be doing – writing. But I’m not so I thought I would share some tips instead.
I hope you enjoy!
- Read a book: In order to be a great writer I strongly believe that you need to be a great reader. Don’t just stick to your favourite genres, branch out. There’s so much to learn from someone else’s words.
- Use prompts: Get a family member/friend to write down a few ideas in a hat and pick some out. They could be words, sentences, genres to write in. All sorts. You can also find loads of prompt generators online.
- Go for a walk/look at something different: Inspiration can be found everywhere and if you ever get stuck, the best way to unlock your inspiration is to jazz things up a bit.
- Buy something new: A new pen/notepad/laptop – hey, these things can always give you a quick little boost (okay so a laptop might be a bit excessive).
- Procrastinate: The worst thing ever! But set a time limit on it. Do a bit of housework, whatever, then force yourself to write once you’ve finished a task.
I hope this inspires you to get back to your words and start writing now!
And on that note, I will take some of my own advice…